(update): Thanks to Cynthia and Book Swap for a pleasant outdoor event with some other writers.
Had to laugh at one point. A customer kept insisting the name was “mango” as in “Death Among the Mangos” and turning my Mangrove Bayou police chief into the Florida Horticulture Detective. Come to think, that seems an unexplored niche in the mystery field. hummmm . . . I’ll be planting some poinettias today. I’m thinking “The Poinsettia Poisoning” first in the Black Thumb mystery series.
“Professor Thumb, this man appears to have been done in by eating poinsettias.”
“How would you know that?”
“Well, he’s got about three pounds of poinsettia leaves stuffed into his mouth.”
Springtime and book signings. Great!
Saturday, January 14, from 12-4: Book Swap, Tampa. Free (used) book if you buy one of mine. If you cannot make the signing, you can reserve an autographed copy by calling 813-963-6979, or emailing email@example.com. Six authors will be at the event:
- Jeffery Hess: Beachhead (1980’s Tampa Bay area)
- Stephen Morrill: Mangrove Bayou (Mangrove Bayou, #1), Death Among the Mangroves (Mangrove Bayou, #2) (Florida mystery)
- Allan Drake: Harriet’s Journey (general fiction)
- Chris Widdop: Velrco: The Ninja Ka, Velrco: The Green Lion, Velrco: The Masquerade (middle school fantasy)
- Liza M. Garcia: Never Drink Coffee During a Business Meeting (business book to help get promoted or for the new grads)
- Ana Aluisy: Reinvent Your Relationship: A Therapist’s Insights in Having
the Relationship You’ve Always Wanted
Saturday, February 3, from 6-8 p.m. St. Petersburg. Books at Park Place (I might be there a little earlier). Click here for the Facebook event listing. And a personal note: For some time now, these folks have had to deal with having the road torn up in front of their store. Let’s turn out and support them!